The site preparation works have been ongoing since November 2013 and are expected to continue until spring 2015. All works are being carried out in line with the Code of Construction Conduct approved by Westminster City Council. As can be expected, there is a lot of preparatory work that needs to be done before construction can begin on site.
Site preparation works include:
- Demolition of existing structures – completed April 2014
- Relocation of existing electrical sub-station – completed September 2014
- Removal of existing foundations – completed spring 2015
- Construction of piled retaining wall – Completed 2015
- New access gate opened on Chelsea Bridge Road – September 2015
- New site accommodation installed – October 2015
- Tower cranes erected – October 2015 (Three cranes to date)
- Basement excavation – completed November 2015
- Sub/super structure works for Phase 1 & 2 – commenced November 2015
Weekly updates on the site preparation works are available here.